Europe’s largest paint chain, pierre.dk Autolakering A/S, has just acquired Ölands Billackering AB in Kalmar, situated just by the east coast of southern Sweden
Kolding-based pierre.dk Autolakering A/S, the largest paint chain in Europe, continues the manifestation of its position as market leader in Sweden via its subsidiary pierre Billackering AB.
As of 4 July, the pierre.dk chain, which was recently sold to the German Intelligent Repair Solutions Group, acquired the large paint centre Ölands Billackering AB, which is situated in Kalmar, app. 300 kilometers east of Malmö.
The previous owner of the company, Patrik Lundin, will continue as department manager .
– It is very satisfying that Patrik Lundin has chosen to let his super modern paint centre become part of our good team in Sweden, says Bo Jacobsen, managing director of pierre.dk.
The largest paint centre in the area
The location of Ölands Billackering AB fits well into the strategy that the Danish paint group has made for Sweden.
– With the purchase of Patrik Lundin’s company we now count 11 paint centres in Sweden, which is a good platform for our continued expansion in Sweden, and the geographical position of the paint centres means that we may now see more cooperation amongst the paint centres meaning greater average capacity and shorter delivery times to the benefit of our customers, Bo Jacobsen points out.
The paint centre has 16 employees and both passenger cars and trucks are painted. The former owner is satisfied to be part of pierre Billackering AB.
– I think it is very positive for the future. We are the largest paint centre in the whole area and in every way it is right for us that we now become part of a large group, says Patrik Lundin, who founded Ölands Billackering AB in 1994.
14 years later the paint centre moved to its current location in Kalmar, and right now a new and exciting chapter has been written in its history book.
Country manager with pierre Billackering AB, Daniel Nordvall, is pleased with the acquisition.
– The acquisition of Ölands Billackering AB suits us fine since it is close to Karlskrona, where we also have a paint centre. This means that the centres to a higher degree will be able to help and assist each other and make all the processes far more efficient, Daniel Nordvall says.
pierre Billackering AB will continue to be on the lookout for modern paint centres; this will strengthen the group’s position on the map of Sweden.
– The paint centre in Kalmar has a very high standard, which means that Ölands Billackering AB fits perfectly into our group. It is all about focus, flexibility and process optimization to be able to ensure the highest quality on the market and short delivery times for our customers, Daniel Nordvall points out.
With the acquisition of the paint centre in Kalmar, pierre Billackering AB now runs 11 paint centres in Sweden, and the growth strategy is still more acquisitions.